Children are able to concentrate and learn better when they have eaten a healthy, balanced lunch – school meals can be the simple solution. At Austhorpe we take great pride in our healthy, delicious school meals.
ALL children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
are completely FREE! This will provide a saving to families of £430 per year for each child.
In our school we serve 2 meal choices each day, consisting of two main courses, one of which is a vegetarian meal. Each meal also includes, apart from a main course, vegetables, salad and bread, as well as pudding of the day or fruit or yoghurt and chilled water.
- Meals are freshly made every day
- Using great quality produce:
- Fresh vegetables and potatoes, locally when in season
- UK farm assured chicken, beef and lamb
- Free range eggs from East Yorkshire
- 100% salmon and white fish fillet from sustainable sources
- Dolphin friendly tuna
- Choice UK cheddar
- Menus are designed to provide healthy, balanced meals which will be enjoyed by children
- Menus meet the Government guidelines for school meals
- All medical and religious diets can be catered
For more information please speak to the school office or have a chat with our Cook who will be happy to answer your questions.
If your child is in Years 3, 4, 5 or 6
school meals cost £2.50